May 28, 2014
• Activated Dynamic Analysis extends AspenTech’s competitive advantage in automating engineering knowledge, in this case dramatically reducing the many steps required to set up a dynamic model, thus both saving time in dynamic model set up and affording experts more time to focus on solving tough engineering challenges.
• AspenTech continues its rapid expansion into process safety analysis with expanded overpressure protection capabilities in aspenONE V8.6, extending the models to cover chemical reactors, more fire scenarios and more regulatory standards.
• Aspen Capital Cost Estimator has been extended into the detailed estimating phase of a project, with the addition of detailed unit rate estimating, and adjustment of labor and material unit rates and materials of construction, resulting in an unprecedented +/10% accuracy in cost estimates.
Tweet this: #aspenONE V8.6 activates dynamic models in Aspen HYSYS; adds pressure safety valve design to Aspen Plus; adds detailed cost estimation (134 characters)
BURLINGTON, Mass. – May 28, 2014 –Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of optimization software for the process industries, announces Version 8.6 of aspenONE software. The latest AspenTech software addresses Oil, Gas, Chemicals, and Engineering & Construction (E&C) companies’ challenge to design and operate safe plants, and to accurately estimate project costs – from concept to construction – under tight deadlines.
aspenONE engineering V8.6 includes:
• Activated Dynamics Analysis– Dynamic modeling of compressors is a high value task requiring both expertise and experience. Version 8.6 of Aspen HYSYS software automates dynamic modeling with a single button click to speed up model setup and enable more process engineers to perform compressor operability screening. All companies operating compressors, especially those processing gas in upstream and midstream, will benefit from better flow assurance and reduced maintenance cost. No similar capability is available in the market.
• Expanded pressure safety valve design and rating in Aspen Plus and Aspen HYSYS makes the aspenONE solution more comprehensive. In V8.6 new fire analysis scenario calculations - accounting for latent heat and temperature change- and rupture disk sizing have been added. All functionality is available in both Aspen Plus and Aspen HYSYS, improving chemical and energy operators’ compliance with API 520 and 521.
• New detailed unit rate estimating in Aspen Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE) extends the software’s scope further into the detailed estimating phase of a project. ACCE V8.6 enables easy adjustment of labor and material unit rates as well as materials of construction. The result is expected to enable organizations to achieve up to +/- 10% accuracy or better, reducing project risk and improving decision making around the use of capital.
The V8.6 release of aspenONE software, featuring updates to Aspen HYSYS, Aspen Plus, and Aspen Capital Cost Estimator, is available immediately. Customers on the aspenONE Licensing Model can upgrade to the new version for no additional cost. For more information, visit http://www.aspentech.com/products/v8-release/.
Manolis Kotzabasakis, Executive Vice President, Products, AspenTech
“AspenTech continues the high pace of innovation with the release of aspenONE Engineering version 8.6 software. Delivering on the Unified Engineering Environment first introduced with Version 8, breakthrough features such as Activated dynamics, pressure safety valve sizing, and addition of detailed costs to conceptual estimates are industry firsts that translate into day-to-day productivity improvements for our customers. More than ever, our customers require the capabilities of a unified engineering environment to be successful.”
Ian D. Wyatt, Principal Engineer, WS Atkins
“The new Activated Dynamics Analysis Compressor Surge feature is an innovative screening tool before full dynamic compressor modeling. It provides us with a good starting point to perform a compressor study across a range of scenarios. The data is presented in a well-organized manner, and pre-made results displays are convenient.”
Shashank Shah, Sr. Principal Engineer, Arkema
“The new safety environment in Aspen Plus V8.6 will not only allow us to standardize our relief system documentation company-wide, but it will also provide us with the confidence that the calculation methodologies across the company are high-quality and accurate by using conditions already captured in our current process models.”
Waymon Lofton, Sr. Principal Estimator, Technip:
“The new feature in ACCE V8.6 that allows the user to enter unit pricing, unit labor, and change the description of line items in the bulks is a step change in how we can utilize the power of ACCE. The common issue of not being able to use ACCE for detailed estimates because you can't use detailed pricing is now resolved.”
Mike Monteith, President, Strategic Estimating Systems
“The new detailed estimating capabilities in Aspen Capital Cost Estimator (ACCE) clearly make what is already the world’s best estimating system significantly better and more valuable. What has been introduced in V8.6 is a major advance and will save significant time on estimates, improve the accuracy and precision of estimates as a project proceeds, and significantly enhance communication between the estimator and the client and collaboration between engineering disciplines. In an environment of increasing costs in the energy and chemical sectors, this will be powerful in helping owners to use their capital resources better. Strategic Estimating Systems (SES) intends to take advantage of this new functionality immediately.”
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing – for energy, chemicals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world’s leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com
© 2014 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the Aspen leaf logo, Aspen InfoPlus.21 and Aspen PIMS are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.